On 10 August 2022, the first mayor of Leningrad, who returned the historical name to the city, would have turned 85 years. Let's list what he remembered by St. Petersburg and the whole country.
Anatoly Sobchak. Little-known facts on the anniversary of the “chief democrat of the USSR”
- Impressing as a true Petersburger, Anatoly Sobchak was born in Chita, and spent his childhood in Uzbekistan. First, he entered the law faculty of Tashkent University, from where he transferred to Leningrad University. After graduation, he worked as a lawyer and head of legal advice in the Stavropol Territory.
- Returning to Leningrad, Anatoly Sobchak entered the graduate school of Leningrad State University and finally settled in the city, which he later happened to lead. Future Democrat, in 1965 — In 1968, he taught at the Leningrad Police School. In 1968 — In 1973 he was an assistant professor at the Leningrad Technological Institute of the Pulp and Paper Industry, then became an assistant professor at the Faculty of Law of Leningrad State University.
- Sobchak defended his doctoral dissertation only for the second time. As Sobchak's graduate student and one of his favorite students Dmitry Medvedev recalls, at the which later became the property of all-Union publicity. Professor Lukyanov, who was his reviewer, told Sobchak about unsuccessful defense of his doctoral dissertation in a different way: “There were so many references to Lenin and other bosses that we at VAK decided to return the dissertation to the author
- Sobchak was the head of the first legal cooperative in Leningrad.
- Sobchak began his political activity in his sixties, joining the CPSU in 1988. In 1989, he was elected People's Deputy of the USSR, and the following year he left the party. Participating in the work of the commission investigating the events in Tbilisi in April 1989, he claimed that during the dispersal of the rally, Soviet soldiers used sapper shovels. Later, he became an honorary citizen of Georgia and the city of Tbilisi.
- Sobchak was able to make bold decisions. When he was informed that the city was running out of food, he ordered the opening of military warehouses with strategic food supplies. Although he could have been brought to justice for his actions.
- In addition to Vladimir Putin and Dmitry Medvedev, in the team Sobchak worked Sergey Naryshkin, German Gref, Alexei Kudrin, Dmitry Kozak, Ilya Klebanov, Anatoly Chubais.
- Sobchak opposed the return to Leningrad of its historical name St. Petersburg. He repeatedly stated that the city should not be an industrial center, but the cultural capital of Russia and a city-museum, without speaking of what will happen to hundreds of St. Petersburg enterprises and hundreds of thousands of employees people.
- Sobchak often made foreign trips and rolled grandiose banquets in the city in order to attract investors, for which the townspeople accused him of wasting the budget.
- Surprisingly, the talker Sobchak lost to the unimportant speaker Vladimir Yakovlev not only the elections, but also the TV debates. Anatoly Alexandrovich, who lost the election, began working in the position of a UNESCO representative previously unknown in the city. In this capacity, he settled in a cozy mansion in the center of the city, but soon his colleagues from the Leningrad State University expelled him from there. When Sobchak was charged with abuse of office as mayor of St. Petersburg, Anatoly Alexandrovich flew to France. He returned after the charge was dropped.
- The daughter of Anatoly Alexandrovich Ksenia is perhaps more popular than Sobchak himself . However, not everyone knows that he has two daughters, and he was married twice. For the first time, young Anatoly married in & nbsp; 1959 a student of the Herzen Leningrad Pedagogical Institute Nonna Gandzyukand lived with her for about 20 years. In 1965, their daughter Maria was born. Second wife — Lyudmila Narusova. From marriage with her in 1981, a daughter, Ksenia, was born. According to the Maria also believes that her famous relative “turned their” surname into a “show”. Narusova put on an even bigger show, stating that Anatoly Aleksandrovich is not Xenia's father.
- Sobchak died on February 19, 2000 in the Rus Hotel in Svetlogorsk, Kaliningrad region. According to the official conclusion, the cause of death — acute heart failure. Immediately after the funeral, various rumors about his death appeared. It was even said that he was drunk and took a large dose of Viagra, because there were two girls"in his room, one of whom called an ambulance and the police. They also discussed the version of the politician's murder. A few months later, the prosecutor's office of the Kaliningrad region opened a criminal case on the fact of the murder of Anatoly Sobchak. An autopsy showed no alcohol or poisons in his system, and the case was soon dropped. Narusova conducted an independent examination. According to she he died not of a heart attack and she knows the cause of the cardiac arrest, but cannot discover it.